5 Reasons You May Need Heat Pump Replacement
Heat pumps can normally last 10 years or more with regular maintenance. However, with time, the heat pump will start wearing out and needing repairs more often. At some point, you’ll need to replace it with a new one.
Why Replace Your Heat Pump
Here are five reasons why you should consider a heat pump replacement:
- The heat pump is 10 years old or more. As heat pumps age, they naturally lose some efficiency. So the heat pump you installed a decade ago isn’t as efficient as the day you had it installed. And though a well-maintained heat pump can last a couple of decades, newer models are far more efficient.
- Your heat pump needs more and more repairs. When you start needing repairs on the heat pump a couple times a year, your system may have significant problems developing. At some point, it will break down completely and you’ll need to replace it. Replacing it earlier will help reduce the time you go without cooling and heating.
- Your energy bills keep going up. As your heat pump ages, it will lose some efficiency. You’ll notice it as an ever-increasing electric bill. Inspections and tuneups can help, but at some point, a replacement is the best answer to get your energy costs down.
- Your home is unevenly cooling and heating. If you have some rooms cold and others hot, you likely have a heat pump that’s struggling to keep up. An HVAC technician can determine if it’s time for a replacement.
- Your home has humidity problems. Heat pumps naturally remove humidity from the air. When you start having noticeable humidity problems, your heat pump isn’t working properly.
When you decide to replace yours, take time to find the right heat pump and the right contractor to handle the installation. If you need a heat pump replacement in the West Palm Beach or Port Saint Lucie area, contact Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical. We’ve been serving residential and commercial customers since 1991.