How Tax Credits Help Your HVAC Purchase Decision
Upgrading your current heating and cooling equipment to a new high-efficiency system can help you to reduce utility costs throughout the year. Tax credits can make these HVAC systems even more affordable for your Jupiter, Florida, home. These credits apply directly to reduce your liability or increase the amount of your refund. This can potentially add up to hundreds of dollars in savings when upgrading your heating and cooling equipment this year. Here are two of the most practical federal tax credit programs for Florida homeowners.
Central Air Conditioning Systems
You can receive a $300 tax credit for air conditioning systems that meet certain criteria for energy efficiency:
- Split systems must achieve a Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio, or SEER, of 16 or higher.
- Split systems must also have an Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER) of 13 or greater.
- Package systems must have a SEER of 14 or more and an EER of 12 or more.
These ratings qualify air conditioning systems for inclusion in the ENERGY STAR Most Efficient 2016 list and ensure the lowest utility costs and the highest degree of comfort for you and your family throughout the steamy summer months.
Air-Source Heat Pumps
Modern heat pumps offer year-round comfort for you and your family. You may also qualify for a $300 credit on your federal taxes if you purchase an air-source heat pump that meets the following criteria:
- Split systems require a SEER ranking of 15 or higher, an EER of 12.5 or higher, and a Heating Seasonal Performance Factor (HSPF) of 8.5 or higher.
- Package systems must also meet stringent requirements, including an EER of 12 or greater, an HSPF of 8 or more and a SEER of 14 or above.
Investing in these systems is a win-win for you and your family. You will enjoy greater comfort and lower utility bills while reducing your tax obligation for the upcoming year.
At Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, Inc. we offer top-quality service for customers in the West Palm Beach and Port Saint Lucie areas. We offer emergency repair services seven days a week, 24 hours a day for your convenience. To learn more about available tax credits and how they can make new HVAC systems more affordable, call us today at 772-905-3358 in Port Saint Lucie or at 561-202-1422 in West Palm Beach. We look forward to the chance to serve your heating and cooling needs.
Image provided by Shutterstock