Why ACCA Membership Counts When Hiring an A/C Contractor
Finding a quality HVACR contractor (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning and Refrigeration) involves looking for the following characteristics:
- Is in compliance with state and local codes and regulations
- Has required business and workers’ compensation insurance
- Is prompt, polite and gives quick and reliable service while providing service at your convenience
- Possesses both skills and knowledge to properly service your equipment
- Has the knowledge in designing and installing the right indoor comfort system for you
- Knows the latest developments in equipment, technology and design so the most highly efficient system is installed for you
- Efficient and most reliable system for you is chosen
ACCA (Air Conditioning Contractors of America) is a nonprofit organization promoting standards for professional contractors, energy efficiency of HVACR systems and optimizing indoor living in the United States.
With more than 60,000 contractors and 4,000 businesses that are involved in the HVACR profession, ACCA furthers the education of these professionals so that the highest standards are a part of all the equipment and installations done for residences and businesses.
ACCA uses different ways to reach out and educate their members. This includes:
- Education courses
- Online resources for reference
- Certifications for professionals
- Certifications for instructors
- Safety & excellence honors and awards
ACCA membership supports the hiring of NATE-certified technicians. NATE (North American Technician Excellence, Inc.) is a certification program for HVACR technicians and is an industry standard whereby skills and education are measured. ACCA offers study materials and online classes to help HVACR technicians pass the NATE certification tests.
Professionals and businesses in the HVACR field holding ACCA membership have a verified interest in furthering their education regarding changes in their field, as well as showing a commitment to staying up to date with the latest standards and regulations.
For almost a century, ACCA has been developing the ANSI-approved standards for designing, installing and maintaining highly efficient indoor comfort systems. Their members are on the cutting edge of the developments in this industry.
If you have any questions, contact us at Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, Inc. We’ve serviced Port St. Lucie and West Palm Beach and surrounding areas for over 20 years.