6 Air Filter Replacement Tips to Live By
Replacing your air filter is essential for keeping your HVAC system working. When the summer heat of Florida begins to build, your system will be working overtime. Even with the rare cold snap of winter, you need the system to work for heating. Keep the air flowing freely through the unit to keep your home comfortable.
Here are six air filter replacement tips you need to make a part of your life:
- Determine your filter replacement frequency. How often you need to replace the air filter depends on how much the unit is working, how dirty the home is, and whether there are pets in the home. Start out every other month, but check it monthly. Replace as needed.
- Buy your air filters in bulk. A frequent excuse for not changing filters is not having any on hand. Buy large quantities and store them near where you need them.
- Get in the routine of changing the filters on schedule. Set a day in the month to check and replace. Maybe the first of the month, or the last Saturday of the month. Put it on the calendar you use most.
- Always use a correctly sized air filter. Using an incorrectly sized air filter will allow dust and debris to get in around the edges.
- Turn the system off when replacing the air filter. Some system have sensitive parts close to the air filter. Be safe. Turn it off, change the filter, and then turn it back on.
- Don’t guess when it comes to replacing the air filter. If you are not sure where the air filter is, what kind of air filter to use, or how to properly replace it, call in a professional for help.
If you can make these air filter replacement tips a part of your normal routine, you will keep the air flowing through your HVAC system. That will keep your home comfortable no matter what time of year it is. Contact us here at Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, LLC Inc. We have proudly served our neighbors in Palm Beach for over 20 years.
You May Also Like
5 Dangers of an Unlevel AC Condenser in Delray Beach, FL
If your air conditioning condenser – the unit that sits outside – isn’t level, you could be putting yourself and your property… Continue Reading 5 Dangers of an Unlevel AC Condenser in Delray Beach, FL…
3 Benefits of a Variable-Speed AC System
A variable-speed air conditioner can run at different speeds to meet your cooling needs precisely. Many of these devices can make changes… Continue Reading 3 Benefits of a Variable-Speed AC System…
How to Improve Your Home’s Air Quality This Spring
Many homes in West Palm Beach, FL, suffer from poor indoor air quality. The average person spends most of their time inside,… Continue Reading How to Improve Your Home’s Air Quality This Spring…