Your air conditioner has started to develop problems, and now you’re facing the tough decision: Nurse it through the coming cooling season and risk additional repair costs, or just go ahead and buy a replacement. Actually, going the replacement route has a number of benefits. There’s good reason to quit delaying your replacement. Take a look:
1. Reduced utility bills: You will start enjoying payback almost immediately, because your energy bills will take a plunge. Your old system may have had a seasonal energy efficiency ratio as low as 6. Your new system will probably have a SEER of 14 or higher. That translates to significant savings.
2. Trouble-free service: Instead of contending with breakdowns and service calls, you can relax and enjoy the summer in your comfortably cool home.
3. A solid warranty: Many systems today come with 10-year warranties. That alone helps to ensure peace of mind. And if you’re planning to put your home on the market, a warranty can be a selling point.
4. A new system provides more comfort: Replacing an old system with a unit that has advanced technology not only boosts savings, but also provides a higher level of comfort. Today’s units are more capable than ever before of removing humidity from the air.
5. Your air quality will improve: There is less potential for mold with a new A/C system, as well as a lower probability of getting indoor pollutants.
6. Better refrigerant: Today’s cooling system use an environmentally friendly coolant, as opposed to the ozone-depleting R-22 refrigerant in older systems.
7.Tax credits: Buy a high-efficiency air conditioner this year, and you may qualify for a $300 tax credit. Combine the tax credit with the increased savings, and buying now makes a lot of sense. (This also applies to qualified systems purchased on 2012.)
Convinced that now’s the time to move forward? Please contact us at Preferred Air Conditioning. We’ll see to it that you get the system that’s ideal for your home. And then we can install and maintain it for many years of peak performance. Give us a call. We serve homeowners in the Broward, Boca Raton and Palm Beach areas.