The spring season is here, and now’s the time to schedule a tune-up for your air conditioner. If you’ve never had a tune-up before, you wonder what the process entails. Read on to learn more about getting your AC system in West Palm Beach, Florida, serviced.
What Happens During Your AC System Tune-Up?
Your HVAC service technician will perform a thorough inspection and cleaning of your system. They’ll ensure that everything is working properly and address any issues. During your AC system tune-up, your service technician will:
- Check for leaks or dripping water. They will drain the water, remove debris, and check for cracks or holes.
- Clean the air filter and fin. Cleaning these properly will prevent problems with performance.
- Clean the AC evaporator and condenser fan and coil to remove dust and biological growth.
- Check the coolant level and adjust to ensure it’s at the optimum level.
- Inspect all of the components and address any issues that require repair.
What are the Benefits of an AC System Tune-Up?
When you have your AC unit serviced, you’ll enjoy a cleaner system as well as:
- Lower Utility Costs – Service will help your system run more efficiently. As a result, it’ll use less energy and lower your utility bills.
- Improved Comfort – Regular maintenance can improve airflow and ensure that your system can properly cool the rooms in your home. As a result, it’ll keep them a comfortable temperature all the time.
- Greater Dependability – Your service technician can find possible problems before they become costly repairs or result in a breakdown.
- Better Indoor Air Quality – When you have your system cleaned, it’ll prevent the buildup of dirt and debris from getting into your home. As a result, you can prevent worsening your IAQ.
Do you want to enjoy the benefits of air conditioner service for yourself? Contact Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, Inc. at 561-202-1422 today to schedule your AC system tune-up.
Image provided by iStock