How Fall Can Present Unique Air Conditioning Challenges in Florida
The Palm Beach County region has been described as having a “tropical rainforest climate.” The almost year-round heat and humidity mean cooling systems are a must for residents in the area. In cities like Boynton Beach, it’s not unusual for the high temperatures to continue well into December. Just when you’ve fine-tuned the thermostat to the ideal setting, a sudden shift in the temperatures can change everything. You may have days when you need no air conditioning or even a few nights when you might feel the need to turn on the heater. Learn how fall’s fluctuating temperatures pose unique challenges for your hard-working air conditioning system.
Heat and Humidity
Air conditioners keep you comfortable by removing heat and water vapor from the air. Fall’s inconsistent weather, however, can upset this delicate balance, leading to a host of problems associated with high indoor humidity:
- Your home doesn’t seem as cool as the reading on the thermostat indicates, and the indoor air feels muggy and thick.
- Poor airflow makes rooms feel sticky or stuffy, reducing system efficiency by up to 15 percent.
- Family members with chronic respiratory conditions like asthma and allergies experience worsening symptoms.
- Your air conditioner cools your home quickly but cycles off before it can adequately lower humidity levels.
When you live in Florida, you get used to the unpredictable fall weather. It makes sense to ensure that you’re prepared for the widely fluctuating temperatures. Simple measures can improve indoor comfort:
- If you missed your pre-season tuneup, schedule preventive maintenance today to ensure that your HVAC system is operating properly. You will want to make sure your heater is working efficiently when the cooler weather arrives.
- Regular HVAC maintenance will lower your air conditioning costs and increase comfort significantly. Today’s high-efficiency systems also boast features like variable-speed motors that allow them to adjust automatically to fluctuating temperatures and humidity levels.
For more information about how Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, LLC can improve your comfort this season, feel free to explore our broad range of HVAC services or give us a call at (561) 202-1422 for more information.
Image provided by Shutterstock
You May Also Like
4 Reasons Furnace Size Matters in Jupiter, FL
When purchasing a new furnace for your home, size matters. If your furnace is too small, it won’t be able to heat… Continue Reading 4 Reasons Furnace Size Matters in Jupiter, FL…
Don’t Make These 3 Mistakes With Your Heat Pump
Heat pumps are popular HVAC solutions in Boca Raton, FL, throughout the year. So, you want to ensure your heat pump warms… Continue Reading Don’t Make These 3 Mistakes With Your Heat Pump…
Why is Your Heat Pump Tripping Your Breaker?
Has your heat pump been tripping its breaker in your Boynton Beach, FL, home? Believe it or not, you want this to… Continue Reading Why is Your Heat Pump Tripping Your Breaker?…