With Programmable Thermostats, It’s a Breeze to Schedule Comfort Right Along With Savings
Why pay to run your HVAC system when nobody’s home? Let the set-it-and-forget-it technology of programmable thermostats do the work for you. Thermostats can store multiple daily settings, adjusting temperatures in your home while you are away or asleep, and saving you quite a bit annually on heating and cooling costs.
Types of Programmable Thermostats:
Determining the thermostat model that best fits your lifestyle and schedule is the key to savings, as thermostats must be properly used for maximum savings. Consider which of the following models is the most convenient for you and your home:
- 7 day: The best model for households whose schedules vary from day to day. This type of programmable thermostat gives you the most flexibility, allowing you to set different programs for different days.
- 5+2 day: A good fit for those with the typical schedule of a five day work week and a two day weekend.
- 5-1-1: This model also uses the same schedule for five days, but offers separate programming for each day of the weekend.
- “Smart” thermostat: This model is Wi-Fi-enabled and can be programmed remotely from a computer or smartphone. These are a good fit for families with irregular schedules and those who forget to pre-set their thermostats before they leave.
- “Learning” smart thermostat: These programmable thermostats are also Wi-Fi-enabled, however they learn your daily habits and schedule temperatures based on this gathered information. If you know you’ll never sit down and figure out how to operate your programmable thermostat, often forget to adjust settings and have a somewhat regular schedule, this is the thermostat for you.
For help selecting the best programmable thermostat for your home, contact Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical. The NATE-certified technicians at Preferred have been bringing professionalism, energy, and outstanding service to South Florida residents since 1991.
You May Also Like
During the spring, summer and fall, your heat pump becomes essential in maintaining a cool home. However, even the most reliable HVAC… Continue Reading 4 Signs You Need Heat Pump Repairs in Delray Beach, FL…
Improving airflow is essential for maintaining a comfortable and healthy indoor environment. As a result, you can enjoying energy-efficient cooling in every… Continue Reading 5 Tips for Improving Airflow in West Palm Beach, FL…
Air conditioners should operate efficiently to keep energy costs low, maintain a comfortable temperature and keep air quality high. However, sometimes components… Continue Reading 4 Signs of an Inefficient AC System in Boca Raton, FL…