The Good and the Bad of Ductless Systems
The word is out about ductless systems meeting the air conditioning needs of a growing number of home and business owners. Weigh the pros and cons of ductless mini and multi-splits, even with regard to your home-improvement project, and find out if ductless is the way to go.
Going Ductless Has Benefits
Ductless mini/multi-split systems are air-source A/Cs, engineered to accommodate practically any home-improvement project designs, whether whole-home air conditioning or simple supplemental space cooling and heating. The following are some of the benefits you can enjoy by going ductless:
- Ductless systems offer low-profile point-of-use air-handling units (AHUs) that may be mounted to ceilings, walls and floors, or may be concealed inside interior surfaces.
- Each AHU provides nice cool air conditioning and/or heating separately from the next (multi-split systems), and also separately from existing HVAC systems. This offers the potential for great energy savings (conditioning on demand), and delivers total temperature control to meet the comfort needs of any occupant.
- Ductless mini and multi-splits are ideal for a number of applications, including supplemental cooling and heating, new additions to the home, converted spaces, garages, pool houses and more.
- A thin conduit extends over 200 feet, depending on model selection, from the outdoor cabinet to each indoor AHU, offering greater installation options of all three primary components (outdoor cabinet, conduit and indoor AHUs).
- Ductless cooling and dehumidification capabilities for comfort and energy efficiency for the climate in the West Palm region are tough to beat.
Is Ductless Cooling and Heating Right For Your Home?
The factors to consider when deciding whether ductless systems are right for your particular project typically include cost, as compared to extending ducts (which itself has drawbacks for energy losses, time and expense), and noisy, inefficient and unsightly window units. Other considerations include proper sizing of the AHUs for maximum performance and investment – which is required of any system (not just ductless systems).
To help you to decide if ductless systems are the way to go, or if you’d just like information about our services , please call (772) 905-3358 in Port St. Lucie, or (561) 202-1422 in Palm Beach, to speak with a qualified member of our team.
You May Also Like
Heat pumps are popular HVAC solutions in Boca Raton, FL, throughout the year. So, you want to ensure your heat pump warms… Continue Reading Don’t Make These 3 Mistakes With Your Heat Pump…
Has your heat pump been tripping its breaker in your Boynton Beach, FL, home? Believe it or not, you want this to… Continue Reading Why is Your Heat Pump Tripping Your Breaker?…
Your heat pump may be working overtime this autumn in Boca Raton, FL, so you want to make sure it runs efficiently.… Continue Reading Why Is Your Heat Pump Constantly Short-Cycling in Boca Raton, FL?…