What AFUE Means for Your Heating System

AFUE, which stands for Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency, is a measurement used to determine the efficiency of combustion appliances like water heaters, boilers, and furnaces. Stuart, Florida, residents should pay attention to AFUE ratings, which tell how much fuel the furnace will use to heat the home.

What Is AFUE?

Your furnace’s AFUE is calculated by projecting the average thermal efficiency for an entire heating season. The higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient the furnace. If a furnace has an AFUE rating of 80 percent, the furnace is capable of converting 80 percent of its fuel to supply heat; the other 20 percent is lost energy. Even in a state like Florida where winters are mild, that’s wasted money seeping out of your home.

Using AFUE to Your Benefit

Whether you’re building a new home or you’re looking to upgrade your existing heating system, being aware of AFUE ratings is essential. Modern furnaces boast industry ratings of as much as 99 percent, which is exceptional. By contrast, older furnaces may have AFUE ratings closer to 60 percent. By upgrading to a modern furnace, you could see improved comfort and meaningful savings on your energy bills. More energy will go toward heating your home rather than being wasted.

Investing in an Efficient System Pays Off

If the cost of a new heating system doesn’t sound financially viable, you have to ask yourself if paying for all that wasted energy is worth it. In the long run, the cost of replacing your old, inefficient heating system will be worth it thanks to lower energy bills. You’ll start enjoying financial and comfort benefits from day one. The new furnace will essentially start to pay for itself in no time.

Don’t let wasted energy drain your utility budget this winter. Contact Preferred Air Conditioning today at (561) 202-1422 today to schedule a new heating system installation. We’ll even help you to determine which furnace is best for your home and budget.

Image provided by Shutterstock

You May Also Like

Need Heat Pump Repairs
August 13, 2023

4 Signs You Need Heat Pump Repairs in Delray Beach, FL

During the spring, summer and fall, your heat pump becomes essential in maintaining a cool home. However, even the most reliable HVAC… Continue Reading 4 Signs You Need Heat Pump Repairs in Delray Beach, FL

Read More…

Enjoying Good Airflow
July 21, 2023

5 Tips for Improving Airflow in West Palm Beach, FL

Improving airflow is essential for maintaining a comfortable and healthy indoor environment. As a result, you can enjoying energy-efficient cooling in every… Continue Reading 5 Tips for Improving Airflow in West Palm Beach, FL

Read More…

AC System
June 21, 2023

4 Signs of an Inefficient AC System in Boca Raton, FL

Air conditioners should operate efficiently to keep energy costs low, maintain a comfortable temperature and keep air quality high. However, sometimes components… Continue Reading 4 Signs of an Inefficient AC System in Boca Raton, FL

Read More…

Compliance Settings
Increase Font Size
Simplified Font
Underline Links
Highlight Links