Charities We Support
At Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, supporting local charities is important to us. We live and work in the West Palm Beach area, and we like to give back whenever we can. Every year, we participate in Rooney’s Golf Tournament, which is a charity tournament that raises money for a variety of good causes. By supporting this tournament, we are able to support these charities as well. Our team is committed to providing reliable, affordable and effective heating and cooling services to commercial and residential customers in and around the West Palm Beach area, but we’re also committed to helping the local community as much as possible.
About Rooney’s Golf Tournament
Rooney’s Golf Tournament is held every Fall and is always a huge success with more than $46,000 raised for local charities. Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, Inc. is proud to have been a part of the tournament and thrilled with the excellent turnout.
Rooney’s 13th Annual Golf Tournament will benefit several prominent local charities. A few examples include:
- Autism Project of Palm Beach County – This parent-founded organization has the worthy goal of supporting services for children who are on the autism spectrum. Parents of autistic children often don’t know where to turn, and they often struggle to find services that cater to their children. By getting in touch with the Autism Project of Palm Beach County, they can get the support they need. Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, Inc. is happy to have helped make the tournament that raised money for this organization a success.
- GCDS – Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization, a 501(c)(3) non-profit family support and resource organization serving 350 families and dedicated to making the future brighter for individuals with Down syndrome and other disabilities in Palm Beach County, Florida.
- Harriet L. Wilkes Honors College – The Wilkes Honors College offers students a liberal arts and sciences education of the highest intellectual and scholarly standard.
- Pathways to Independence – Pathways to Independence is a not for profit organization in Palm Beach Gardens Florida that provides services and advocacy for persons with developmental disabilities. Their mission is to assist people with disabilities to maximize their sense of dignity and self-worth; to facilitate equal access to society and advocate for each person to choose life goals and to gain access to supports and experiences that enhance their choices.
- Potentia Academy – This exceptional institution is geared toward children who have special learning needs. It is a private school, and it relies largely on donations to ensure that local families and their children get the necessary support. The annual golf tournament raised money for this organization as well.
The Kolter | KAST Charity Poker Tournament
The Kolter | KAST Charity Poker Tournament supports several local charities, listed in the sponsorship packet attached.
- Achievement Centers for Children & Families – A private, non-profit organization. Recognizing that raising a child with a disability can create financial burdens for families, we work with each family to determine affordable, sliding-scale fees in many of our programs and identify community benefits that may offset all or part of the cost of services whenever possible.
Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, Inc. Supports Local Charities
Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, Inc. was thrilled to participate in Rooney’s Golf Tournament, and we will continue to do so in the future. We are always looking for new ways to help local charities and to volunteer. If your organization needs support, please let us know. Giving back to the local community is very important to us.
Thanks to every customer who installed a new unit in August, we were able to donate $2000 to Big Dog Ranch Rescue.
Our friendly technicians are available 24 hours a day for your emergency service needs. Simply give Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, Inc. a call, day or night, and let one of our technicians help you with your problem. We are always here to assist you.