5 Reasons A Ductless System May Be Right For You
If you’re in search of a practical heating and cooling solution for remodeled space, existing space and/or perhaps a new addition to the home, take a look at these five good reasons why a ductless system may be the right solution for your Lake Worth or Delray area home.
A ductless system is a point-of-use heating and/or cooling set-up that provides fan-powered conditioning to a retrofitted, existing or new zone (room or area) inside the home (or outbuilding) by using the refrigeration principles of conventional heat pumps and A/Cs. Following are some practical and cost-effective advantages of using a ductless heating and cooling system for your home-improvement project or new home design:
- Multiple mounting options – A thin conduit housing refrigerant lines and other components connects the outside condensing unit to one or more indoor air-handling units (AHUs). The AHUs suit practically any interior design by offering multiple mounting options, including wall or ceiling mounting, concealed installation inside the ceiling, wall or floor, and a cassette mounting that may hang flush in a drop ceiling panel or recessed in the wall.
- Energy efficient – Ductless systems utilize variable-speed compressors for energy-efficient heating and cooling. Moreover, the point-of-use heating and cooling means there are no energy losses associated with air ducts.
- Continuous comfort – The variable-speed compressor continuously adjusts output to maintain temperature at the thermostat set point. With a ductless system, you don’t have the noisy and uncomfortable on/off cycling of other systems. Ductless systems also provide exceptional humidity management, which is important in Palm Beach and surrounding areas.
- Zoning control – Each AHU heats and cools independently of any other system in the home, offering zoned conditioning to heat and cool the zone as needed.
- Quick installation – With the right HVAC professional, installing a ductless mini split (single zone) typically takes one day. This is a breath of fresh air compared to the planning and installation or extending existing air ducts.
For more reasons why a ductless system offers the best heating and cooling solution for your project, please contact Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, LLC today.
You May Also Like
Few things have a greater impact on work environments than the functionality and performance of commercial HVAC systems. When commercial HVAC systems… Continue Reading Does Your Commercial HVAC Impact Your Team?…
Air quality is an incredibly important factor in maintaining good health, especially when it comes to indoor air. Poor indoor air quality… Continue Reading 4 Signs of Bad Indoor Air Quality in Jupiter, FL…
During the spring, summer and fall, your heat pump becomes essential in maintaining a cool home. However, even the most reliable HVAC… Continue Reading 4 Signs You Need Heat Pump Repairs in Delray Beach, FL…