If you’re in search of a practical heating and cooling solution for remodeled space, existing space and/or perhaps a new addition to the home, take a look at these five good reasons why a ductless system may be the right solution for your Lake Worth or Delray area home.
A ductless system is a point-of-use heating and/or cooling set-up that provides fan-powered conditioning to a retrofitted, existing or new zone (room or area) inside the home (or outbuilding) by using the refrigeration principles of conventional heat pumps and A/Cs. Following are some practical and cost-effective advantages of using a ductless heating and cooling system for your home-improvement project or new home design:
- Multiple mounting options – A thin conduit housing refrigerant lines and other components connects the outside condensing unit to one or more indoor air-handling units (AHUs). The AHUs suit practically any interior design by offering multiple mounting options, including wall or ceiling mounting, concealed installation inside the ceiling, wall or floor, and a cassette mounting that may hang flush in a drop ceiling panel or recessed in the wall.
- Energy efficient – Ductless systems utilize variable-speed compressors for energy-efficient heating and cooling. Moreover, the point-of-use heating and cooling means there are no energy losses associated with air ducts.
- Continuous comfort – The variable-speed compressor continuously adjusts output to maintain temperature at the thermostat set point. With a ductless system, you don’t have the noisy and uncomfortable on/off cycling of other systems. Ductless systems also provide exceptional humidity management, which is important in West Palm Beach and surrounding areas.
- Zoning control – Each AHU heats and cools independently of any other system in the home, offering zoned conditioning to heat and cool the zone as needed.
- Quick installation – With the right HVAC professional, installing a ductless mini split (single zone) typically takes one day. This is a breath of fresh air compared to the planning and installation or extending existing air ducts.
For more reasons why a ductless system offers the best heating and cooling solution for your project, please contact Preferred Air Conditioning & Mechanical, Inc. today.